UMA CHARAN PATNAIK ENGINEERING SCHOOL,BERHAMPUR, previously known as Berhampur Engineering School, named after the great freedom fighter and eminent parliamentarian Late Uma Charan Patnaik, was established in the year 1956. It is located in the Silk-city, at a distance of five Kms from the Railway Station and five Kms from the Bus-stand. The Industries Department, Government of Orissa, took over this institution for better management from private committee on 12th November 1958. This institution is affiliated to the State Council for Technical Education and Vocation Training (SCTE&VT) Orissa, Bhubaneswar and is under the administrative control of Director of Technical Education and training Orissa, Cuttack which comes under the Industries Department, Government of Orissa.
LateUma Charan Patnaik
The institution has a sprawling 49.785 acres area in Kalapuri Mouza in Khata No.16 & 27 in the name of Industries Department. The institution is running in a single campus having two large buildings. The old two storied building houses administrative block along with the departments of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, drawing halls, class rooms, Edusat hall, Communication Skill Laboratory & Computer Centres. The new three storied building constructed under World Bank Assisted Project accommodates the departments of Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Bio Technology & Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, LRUC hall & Gymnasium etc.
The institution has a separate workshop building which houses Fitting Shop, Machine Shop, Turner section, Welding shop, Carpentry shop & Smithy Shop